Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hello, Fall

Hello, friends. The calendar says that Fall is still a couple of days away, but it sure feels autumn-y here in New Hampshire. September in New England is hard to beat! Cool days and clear skies are with us today, and it is nothing short of perfect.

Here is something new that I'm taking up to the Concord Arts Market on Saturday. (Saturday, September 22, is the first day of Fall). I've made these little greeting cards before, using a heart motif in the center, but the lovely colors outside inspired me to craft something a bit more seasonal:


I have some worked up in dark red ribbon, too. This is my favorite way to use up small pieces of handwoven fabric. (I use a 2.5" square here in these).

Nutfield Weaver will be taking a short vacation from online sales during the first two weeks of October. After a busy wedding season, I've decided to spend some much needed time at the loom, pick apples, and pickle those beets that have been waiting patiently in the garden for attention. What are your plans for the season?

Be well,
Kate

2 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, the card is simply beautiful! Enjoy your time off.

Birds, Bees, Berries, and Blooms said...

I really like the card. Especially the little ribbon.