Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September weaving

Hello, friends. I had such fun exhibiting at the Apple Country Craft Fair in Londonderry, NH this past weekend. I met many lovely people and had lots of fun. (Well, putting up the canopy tent and lifting sandbags isn't all that much fun, but I suppose it goes with the territory of outdoor vending). I am looking forward to next year.

Wedding season is gradually slowing down and this allows me to spend a bit more time with the loom. I have excited about adding more tabletop items to my shop and to have available at artisan fairs. Here are some  mug rugs:


I've never been a big fan of weaving with fabric strips, but I like the canvas weave here in the mug mats. The weave structure allows you to discern bits and pieces of the calico pattern and just seems to be a bit more interesting than plain weave/tabby.

Two pearls of wisdom that I'd like to share after my outdoor show this weekend:

1) people like red!

2) consider your wardrobe carefully. I wore my new wraparound skirt on Saturday and it got rather blustery by the afternoon. Alas, I wish I had had my kilt pin available!

Be well,
Kate K.

No comments: