Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hello, February.

Hello, friends. I hope that you are doing well today! We managed to get through winter storm "Nemo" relatively unscathed. The power stayed on and we sustained no damage to our property despite high winds. We have since shoveled our way out of the front door (no small effort as we have 22 inches of snow!).

Despite the wintery weather, I turned my thoughts to Spring. I sent in my request to exhibit here in Londonderry during 2013. With that in mind, I also began working on some new items that are suitable for gift-giving and, hopefully, appealing to people out shopping the artisan fairs.

I haven't made handwoven bookmarks for a few years now, and I decided to revisit this idea. In this design, I incorporated a piece of handwoven lace with a very pretty calico that has a traditional floral aesthetic along with a simple vintage button. Here's the result.


I think that she is sort of sweet. I may have to keep this one; she would be right at home in my well-worn copy of Pride and Prejudice.

This week I will be weaving another new item, farmhouse plaid placemats. I hope to share pictures very soon but right now these are still in the warping stage and things look rather unruly.

Be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, what a cute little bookmark! Looking forward to seeing the placemats. Glad you weathered the storm and have dug out.