Friday, March 29, 2013

Racy sewing project

Hello, friends. My weaving friend, Martha, of Thistle Rose Weaving, invited me to share photographs of one of my recent sewing projects. So, I am being very brave and am posting a photo of the camisole and French knickers that I made this week! Here they are!


I used two Colette Sewing Patterns to make this set: "Cinnamon" & "Nutmeg." "Cinnamon" also has a slip dress version of the camisole (which I think would be very fun to try), and "Nutmeg" includes directions for tap pants and two very exciting bralettes. The fabric for the cami is cut on the bias. If I have cut fabrics on the bias before, it has been so long that I don't really remember doing it. Making the straps for the cami is a breeze with a loop turning tool -- it is a nifty gadget to have. The fabric is a fine cotton lawn from Japan. It is a summery/warm weather set, so I don't think I'll be wearing this any time very soon!

The waffleweave towels are coming along nicely. Here's a photo of the sage green/beachy green towels in the works!


There is enough warp here for about 2 more towels, and then I plan to tie on the warp for pale blue cloth.

Have a pleasant weekend!
Be well,
Kate

2 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, absolutely love your new cami and knickers! The fabric is so cute and you did a wonderful job creating them. Cute cute cute! Your waffle weave towels in spring green are just the perfect shade to remind us all of new leaves beginning to bud out on the trees. Enjoy this weekend! Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

Thanks fоr οne's marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you're a greаt author.
Ι will remembеr to boоκmark уouг
blοg and definіtеly will cоme baсk later іn life.
I want tο еnсοuгage
сοntinue youг grеаt woгk, have a nіce evening!



my homepage ... http://www.salsaport.com