Friday, April 19, 2013

April loom

Hello, friends. Like many of my New England neighbors, I have found focusing on my work to be very difficult this week in light of the terrible events that have transpired in our beloved Boston. It is hard to understand why these things happen, and even harder to try to provide an explanation to our kids. Boston is THE fun place to go: Fenway Park, really great restaurants, museums, New England Aquarium, vibrant and sometimes delightfully quirky neighborhoods, and enthusiastic energy that virtually spills out of the many highly respected institutions of higher learning throughout the city. We love our city, as do so many people throughout New England and beyond. We are looking forward to seeing her again - and we will, soon.

Despite a heavy heart, I have forged ahead in true Yankee spirit and have continued to try to work at the loom in anticipation of artisan fairs this season. The waffleweave towels are finished! Here are two of them:



And, here is something new that I'm really excited about. I will be taking these delicate and, I think, pretty, spot weave bookmarks to artisan fairs this season. Here is a photo of one on the loom:


In the spirit of sharing, I am thinking about offering the pattern draft to my weaving friends. It would make a lovely Mother's Day gift or graduation gift, don't you think? Any takers? If so, please leave a comment below and I will provide instructions for your personal weaving enjoyment!

Be well,
Kate

3 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, what a wonderful tribute to the City of Boston. Your waffle weave towels are pretty I really like the robin egg blue! Think your new bookmarks will be a hit at the market, I wish you many sales!

Tauria said...

I really enjoy looking at your work--it is beautiful! I'm fairly new to weaving and am interested in creating new things. I'd love a copy of your pattern if you're ok with giving it out.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding stοry there. What haρpened after?
Goοd luck!

Feel frеe to visit my web blog ... based website