Monday, April 8, 2013

Baby steps

Hello, friends. Spring is just about here! Our crocus are up - and we welcome them with great enthusiasm this year. It has been a very long winter.

In addition to the waffleweave towels that are new to the shop this Spring, I've been working on a new project just for me. I've been sewing a lot of clothing lately and finally have the confidence needed to introduce a bit of handwoven fabric to my work. Here is a sneak peek:


This doesn't look like much right now, but I'm hopeful that the use of the spot weave lace will work as a pretty embellishment to the bib of this simple shift dress. And since I love to do ribbonwork, I stitched on a tiny red rose for a bit of color.

So, as the post title implies, these are baby steps toward using my fabrics in the things that I wear. Do you weavers out there incorporate your handwoven cloth into your clothes? I think that using small pieces like this is a nice way to wear our work. Well, at least I hope so -- let's see how this dress turns out!

Be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, I am sure your dress is going to be beautiful with your huck lace insert. Looking forward to the grand unveiling.