Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Adventures in Fiber Art"

Hello, friends. I have such exciting news! My friend and colleague, Elena Rosenberg, has written a lovely article about the fiber arts for the Etsy Blog. The post is a visual treat! I am very fortunate to have one of my items featured in the article. I hope you'll have a look at the article, "Adventures in Fiber Art" - you will really be amazed at some of the fine pieces that are spotlighted.

I have finished weaving the handbag fabric that I chatted about the other day. It is drying right now and then I will be preparing a couple of new handbags with some of the twill fabric. I have finally conquered my fear of zippers after much trial and error and made a small coin purse featuring a zip closure:


Next on the loom will be some cheerful yellow waffleweave dishcloths. Yellow always seems to work very well for kitchen textiles.

Be well,
Kate K.

1 comment:

Elena Rosenberg Wearable Fiber Art said...

Kate, always a treat to feature your lovely work! Glad you enjoyed the "Adventures in Fiber Art" feature!