Thursday, September 12, 2013

Scarves for early autumn

Hello, friends. I had the pleasure of weaving for a friend from my University of Michigan days this week. What a treat it is to weave for a friend or family member -- all sorts of memories tend to come to mind during the process.

I really like this piece that I wove for Barb because it seems to be the perfect transitional piece for late summer and early fall. It is made from 100% cotton (to reduce the scratchiness factor) and has twisted fringe on each end.


I enjoyed making this so much that I prepared a second scarf in red and then decided to tie on an additional warp in blue:


I think that this piece would look really nice in a rich aubergine, don't you?

In other news, the Apple Country Craft Fair was highly enjoyable last weekend. It is so nice to see familiar faces and to strike up conversations with passers-by. I am steering my business focus toward participating in more local events over the coming calendar year. While I love selling my work online, there is something very satisfying about meeting a client face-to-face and chatting about colors, yarns, and weaving history. And I am pretty certain that the folks who stop at my booth enjoy the "petting zoo" aspect of touching a handwoven item, too. "It is SO soft!" are some of the best words any fiber artist can hear.

Be well,
Kate

2 comments:

heather said...

Lovely :) the pattern and colors are fabulous.

heather said...

Lovely :) the pattern and colors are fabulous.