Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Making diamonds today

Hello, friends.

I am gearing up for a local show this weekend and have a few new scarves in the works to take with me. The show is at Pinkerton Academy (Derry, NH) and is an annual event; the show is in its 21st year. Pinkerton Academy has a rich history in this area; Robert Frost used to teach there!

Here is a photo of one of the scarves that I'm finishing up:


I love this 8 shaft twill. I used floating selvedges on the sides and hemstitched the edges. The warp yarn is 5/2 cotton sett at 18 ends per inch. The royal blue yarn is a lovely silk and merino wool blend. It is lightweight and soft and very warm. When the weaving is finished, I will be spending time with the fringe-twister.

My new handweaving site is getting some traffic, which is very encouraging. If you haven't taken a peek yet, here's a snapshot of the first page. You can just click on the caption below and take a look at the rest!

Nutfield Weaver

That's all for now! The diamond scarf is waiting!
Be well,
Kate


1 comment:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Best wishes for a spectacular show this weekend. Your new site is great, hope your sales hit a home run.