Saturday, October 12, 2013

Single-maker Saturday: Nancy Wallis Designs

Hello, friends. I'm very pleased to share the jewelry of Nancy Wallis today. Nancy resides in Toronto, Ontario, and her work is a treat. I have a pair of earrings that Nancy made and was impressed with her use of color and her design -- you will be enchanted with Nancy's work! Nancy's really does create "Jewelry that Makes Your Heart Sing!"



Nancy's piece are often inspired by vintage designs. Isn't the cameo necklace just exquisite? And here are some of my personal favorites:





Nancy has a background in interior design and also had a decorating business. She currently works out of her home and manages all aspects of her Etsy shop; she is the maker, designer, photographer (Nancy's photographs are really crystal clear, aren't they?) copy editor, shipping expert -- everything! And her sweet pooch, Mabel, keeps her company while she is busy creating and also alerts her to the postman's arrival. Everyone needs a hand, right? You really must take a peek at Mabel while reading more about Nancy's creative process and biography here:




I hope that you'll stop by Nancy's shop site and peruse her wonderful pieces. Her items make excellent gifts -- you might even find that you'd like to treat yourself. 

Be well,
Kate 


5 comments:

Brigitte Nazar said...

I have several pairs of earrings and a necklace by Nancy that I wear and love. Beautiful work!

Kathleen Maunder said...

Most of my jewelry is made by Nancy! I'm her sister. :) I can never resist buying something new from her whenever I visit. I can also personally vouch for the cuteness and sweetness of Miss Mabel.

Nancy said...

Thanks so much Kate. You are such a talented artist and I'm so happy to be part of your blog today! xo

Nutfield Weaver said...

Like Brigitte, I like Nancy's work because I actually WEAR it!

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

What lovely pieces.