Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Under construction and bespoke table runner

Hello, friends.

I have decided to take a big leap for my handweaving shop and am in the process of setting up my own website, independent from Etsy. The site is coming along nicely, although there are still a few things that I need to edit and polish. I plan to keep this blog up and running since I have been authoring it for a long time and it just feels comfortable. This blog feed will be available on my new site, though, and I really like that fact.

But back to the weaving...

A bespoke table runner is en route to California as of yesterday. It is a huck lace design and is made from "Cactus" (a very grey sage green) mercerized cotton yarn. Here is a photo:


and here is more of a close-up of the huck lace structure:


The loom is warped with the same "Cactus" yarn and is a variation of the runner and within a couple of days I will have a set of placemats for the same client.

My next exhibit is coming up soon so I will be readying a warp for mug rugs and preparing fabric strips for the weft. I have some lovely orange and sage calicos ready for cutting -- the colors are so autumnal!

Be well,
Kate

3 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, looking forward to seeing the new shop site when you roll it out.

Had a nice chuckle when I looked at the lovely table runner you just wove. I have the exact same draft on my loom as we speak.

Imagine the leaves in your neck of the woods are turning lovely shades of gold, orange and red - our trees are just starting to turn.

Nutfield Weaver said...

I love weaving the huck lace! It is so exciting to see the design take shape - and this is only a 4 shaft pattern! The leaves ARE lovely here. I should take some photos before the next wind storm blows them all away! Happy weaving, Kate :)

kathyinozarks said...

Hiam visiting from Thistle Rose, love this piece very pretty